Extra help with your council tax bill

If you need help paying your bill, you may be able to get a council tax support exceptional hardship award. 

You must:

  • be getting, or have applied for, council tax support
  • be experiencing severe and intolerable financial hardship
  • prove that you have tried all other reasonable ways to pay your council tax
  • have contacted our council tax team to talk through your options

Apply for an exceptional hardship award

There are restrictions on how much you can get and payments are a short term measure.

You might want to see the exceptional hardship support scheme document.