Arranging a burial or cremation

Help arranging a funeral or cremation

Arranging a funeral or cremation is usually the responsibility of the 'Executor of the Will' or nearest surviving relative. 

The person responsible for arranging a funeral or cremation must first register the death with Kent County Council.

You might want to employ a professional funeral director. To find one in your area visit the National Association of Funeral Directors website.  

If you would like to arrange a funeral or cremation by yourself, this is known as an independent funeral and will involve more organising.