Complaints about health and safety

If you have concerns about health, safety or welfare in or connected with a workplace in the district you can ask us to investigate. We will tell you what we find and what we plan to do. Your request is confidential, but because of potential complications we will not normally respond to anonymous complaints.

Please see below for the types of premises we can enforce

  • Offices (not government or council)
  • Zoos
  • Shops
  • Riding establishments
  • Hotels and holiday accommodation
  • Cinemas and theatres (not the Marlowe)
  • Churches and church halls
  • Care Homes (not nursing care)
  • Leisure and sports
  • Warehouses
  • Consumer services such as hairdressers, nail bars, and launderettes.

All other workplaces are covered by the Health and Safety Executive. These include:

  • Factories
  • Transport
  • Government and local authorities
  • Educational establishments
  • Hospitals
A - Z of council services