Caravan sites and mobile home parks

Sites for mobile home parks and caravans are licensed by us. The type of licence issued depends on whether the site is to be used for holidays or permanent occupation. It is an offence to operate a caravan site without a valid licence.

How to apply

Apply for a caravan and camping site licence through GOV.UK

Apply to transfer a caravan and camping site licence

Apply to change a caravan and camping site licence

Applications for new licences may be lengthy to process, as consultations must take place with local residents, the emergency services as well as here at the council. Caravan sites need planning permission, but the licence, once granted, will normally last the period of the granted planning permission unless it is revoked. 

A - Z of council services