Gambling and small society lottery forms

Who has responsibility for licensing?

We have responsibility for the licensing of gambling premises. Licensing authorities now issue premises licences for the following activities:

  • Bingo
  • Betting
  • Adult gaming centres
  • Family entertainment centres
  • Casinos

Permits are issued for:

  • Gaming machines in alcohol licensed premises, such as pubs
  • Gaming machines for members clubs
  • Other gaming activities in members' clubs
  • Category D machines* in unlicensed family entertainment centres
  • Prize gaming

*Category D machines are those that have the lowest level of stakes and prizes.

Small society lotteries

We now also register small society lotteries and issue:

  • Occasional and Temporary Use Notices; and
  • Applications for Provisional Statements.

How do I get a licence?

If you are running a lottery or a draw as a small society then you need to register with us. You can do so by filling out a small society application form. Then, no later than three months from the day of the draw, you must submit a returns form.

If you wish to run a gambling premises you should read our gambling policy and use the following where relevant: 

If the premises is a vessel:

See also

A - Z of council services