Fostering Long term Investment in Ports (FLIP)
- Département des Côtes d’Armor
- Université du Havre
- Association des ports locaux de la Manche
- Syndicat Mixte du port de Dieppe
- Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie de la Côte d’Opale
- Syndicat Mixte du Grand Légué
- Newhaven Port and Properties (NPP), and
- Torbay Council
FLIP seeks to promote a sustainable cooperation between small and medium sized ports in the channel area by promoting exchanges of experience in areas including transportation, logistics, renewable energy and eco-innovation. This will be achieved through:
- Increased cross border sharing of best practices between small and medium sized ports to promote innovative, sustainable and diversified port activities.
- Building the internal capacity of port management, improving performance, sustaining transport links, facilitating trade, promoting innovation, embracing resource efficiency and boosting the economy.
- Improving governance between the ports and their local communities and making use of available resources.
The project will cost €3,8m, with 50% co-financed by ERDF (European Regional Development Funds) under the Interreg IVA France(Channel)-England Territorial Cooperation programme.
A number of the studies, exchanges and event presentations are available at www.flip-ports.eu