Give us your views on the draft Local Plan

We have prepared a draft Local Plan for the district and want to know what you think - give us your views on the draft Local Plan and supporting strategies.

Apply for a student council tax exemption or discount

Under 20s in further education council tax discount

If you are receiving Child Benefit for someone who is:

  • living with you
  • aged over 18; and
  • in full-time further education

and you are the only other adult living in the property, you can apply for a 25% discount on your council tax.

The further education course must last at least three months and include 12 hours of work a week to qualify.

When you apply you will need to provide proof of the student's status. This can include proof of child benefit, a student certificate, or a letter from the head teacher with the course start and end dates.

Apply for an under 20 full-time education discount