Council tax refunds

If you have overpaid council tax on your account, or if your circumstances have changed meaning you are in credit with your council tax, you can request a refund. All refunds are sent by BACS into a bank account.

Completing the form does not guarantee that you will receive a refund. We will check your account to see if you are in credit and whether a refund can be issued.

If you owe council tax for previous years or you owe council tax on another account, we will be unable to give you a refund and the money will be used to go towards the amount you owe.

A - Z of council services