Can't find what you're looking for?

This is a new version of the council website. If you can't find what you're looking for please view the old site

Where to put your waste - Cooking oil

Record details

Cooking oil
Which bin should it go in?
Black bin or purple sack
Where to take it

You can dispose of small amounts of cooking oil, fats, plate scrapings of fatty food and surplus oil from pans and trays with your food waste. Larger amounts should be put into a sealed container and disposed of in your black bin.

Alternatively, you can take domestic cooking oil to your nearest waste and recycling centre.

Important information

Cooking oil and fat shouldn’t be poured down sinks as it can cause blockages.

Replacement bin

If you don't have one, you can buy a new black bin online.

Find your nearest waste and recycling centre

Visit Kent County Council's website to find your nearest waste and recycling centre.