Flooding and drainage
Financial support for homeowners, businesses and farmers
Repair and renewal grant
This new scheme is intended to provide grants of up to £5,000 for homeowners and businesses that have been flooded since 1 December 2013. The repair and renew grant is being provided to fund additional flood resilience or resistance measures for homes and businesses to improve the fabric of the premises so as to reduce the impact of future flooding. Only works identified by a survey from a 'competent professional' will be covered by this grant.
- Repair and Renew grant scheme application form (PDF)
- Repair and Renew grant scheme guidance notes (PDF)
Applications can be submitted at any time until 30 September 2014. Final grant payments must be made by 31 March 2015.
Business rate flooding relief
The Government will fund 100% rate relief for three months, for those properties which meet the following criteria:
- the property has been flooded, in whole or in part, as a result of adverse weather conditions;
- on that day, as a result of the flooding, the business activity undertaken at the property was adversely affected or;
- the rateable value of the hereditament on that day was less than £10 million.
The scheme does not cover relief for any property which was empty at the time it was flooded. If you believe you may be eligible, please contact our Business Rates team.
Farming flood recovery fund
Council tax discount
Households affected by flooding may qualify for a council tax discount. If you believe you qualify for this, read more on our council tax page.