General Election - Thursday 12 December 2019

The general election takes place this week. Check who your candidate is and where to vote

Apply for council tax disability relief

If you have adapted your home to meet the needs of a disabled person who lives there, and he or she is permanently and substantially disabled, we may be able to reduce your council tax bill.

To get disability relief the property must have at least one of the following features:

  • an extra bathroom or kitchen needed for the disabled person
  • a room other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet which the disabled person needs and uses
  • enough floor space indoors to allow the use of a wheelchair which is needed for the disabled person.

Find out more about disability relief

This form will ask you to provide

  • Your details.
  • The name and address of the disabled person.
  • The nature of their disability.
  • Which of the features listed above the property has.
  • The date from which these conditions apply.

Once we have received your form, our Visiting Officer will arrange an appointment with you to visit and inspect the property before deciding if you are entitled to the relief.

Please have this information ready as pages time-out after 30 minutes.