Apply for a council tax discount for people under 20 and in full-time education
If you are receiving Child Benefit for someone who is:
- living with you
- aged over 18; and
- in full-time education
and you are the only other adult living in the property, you can apply for a 25% discount on your Council Tax.
This form will ask you to provide
- The name, age and date of birth of the person you receive Child Benefit for.
- The name of the school or college they go to.
- The title of the course they are studying.
You must provide one of the following as proof to support your application
- proof of Child Benefit clearly showing which child it is for and when the Child Benefit stops
- a letter from the head teacher confirming that the person goes to their school and is on a full-time qualifying course of education - the letter must include the persons name, date of birth, the date they started college or school, the date the course started and the date the course ends; or
- a student certificate
You can either upload one of these documents to the online form or you can send it to us in the post; but we won't process your application until we have received your proof.
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after 30 minutes.