Apply for rate relief for charities and non-profit making organisations
Use this form to apply for rate relief for charities and non-profit making organisations.
This form will ask you to provide
- your name and position within the organisation
- your business rates account number
- your business name, address and contact details
- correspondence address (if different from your current business address)
- what the property is being used for
- charity commissioners registration number, if applicable
- the type of relief you are applying for (mandatory, discretionary or both)
- the main objectives and purpose of the organisation
- HMRC registration number, if applicable
- the benefits of the organisation to the community, facilities, membership criteria etc
- if the organisation receives extra aid, how much and proof of this
- total income/expenditure for the year and reason for surplus/deficit
- total reserves and details of intended use
If you are applying for discretionary relief, the following documents must be uploaded with your application
- a copy of the memorandum and articles of association or rules of the association and
- copies of the last 3 years audited accounts and balance sheets
Please do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.