Apply for council tax support exceptional hardship award
Complete this form to apply for an exceptional hardship award. You must have spoken to our Council Tax Team to discuss your options before completing this form.
This form will ask you to provide
- Your details including National Insurance number.
- Details about why you need help, future changes and what you are doing to help your situation.
- Details of all your bank, building society and Post Office accounts, including the account numbers and how much is in each.
- The amount of Council Tax you pay per month for the current financial year.
- The amount of rent or mortage you pay and Housing Benefit you get per week.
- A full list of every type and amount of money coming into your household (your household income) and how often you get this.
- A full list of every type and amount of money going out of your household (your household outgoings) and how often you pay this.
- A full list of every type of loan and debt you pay per week and the total amount of each outstanding.
- Proof of all your bank, building society and Post Office accounts, and of all your income and outgoings.
- If you are self-employed, a copy of your accounts for the past year or a completed self-employed income form.
You can upload your proof to this form now or you can send it later, but your application won't be decided until we have received proof. If you don't provide proof within two weeks of completing this form your application will be cancelled and you will need to apply again, if you wish to do so.