Apply for a Council Tax discount for someone in hospital or a nursing or care home
If someone living in your property moves into hospital or a nursing or care home and without them there is only one adult living in your home, you can apply for a 25% discount on your Council Tax.
If a property is left empty because the person who used to live there has gone into hospital or a nursing or care home, you can apply for an exemption (which means you don't have to pay Council Tax for the property).
This form will ask you to provide
- The address for the application (if different from your address).
- The Council Tax account reference (if known).
- The names of all the people over the age of 18 living at the property.
- The name of the person in hospital or a nursing or care home.
- The date they went in.
- If the person is in hospital - the name of the hospital and the ward they are in (if known).
- If the person is in a nursing or care home - the name, phone number and address of the nursing or care home.
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after 30 minutes.