Apply for or remove a Council Tax single person discount
If you are the only adult living in your property you may get a 25% single person discount on your Council Tax. An adult is anyone over the age of 18.
You can use this form to:
- apply for a single person discount, or
- ask for an existing single person discount to be removed.
This form will ask you to provide
- Your Council Tax account reference (this can be found on your Council Tax bill, starts with either 1 or 9 and is eight digits long).
- The name and forwarding address of any adults that have moved out, and the date they moved.
- If you are asking for a discount to be removed - the date you would like the discount removed from, why you would like the discount removed and the name and previous address of any adults that have moved in (if known).
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after 30 minutes.