Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See service statuses and other information on COVID-19

Reporting disrepair of a property

If you rent your home from a private landlord and you have asked them, preferably in writing email/letter/text, to repair something at the property but they have not done anything in a reasonable time frame, then you can request us to investigate. 

Please read the following before continuing with this form

  • If you are a East Kent Housing tenant then report it on the East Kent Housing website
  • If the property is part of the Home Stamp scheme then report it to Home Stamp on their website
  • You must have reported your issue to your landlord at least once and given them enough time to resolve the problem. Keep a record of any communication with them.
  • Condensation is a common cause of black mould and moisture in your home. To avoid condensation you should dry clothes in a well ventilated area, cover cooking pans, and keep a small window ajar or a vent open to allow moisture to escape.
  • Your landlord should give you a Gas Safe certificate yearly. Please visit the HSE website for more information.

By submitting this form you are giving us permission to contact your landlord. This should not deter you if you have a legitimate complaint but please note that sometimes this leads to the landlord serving notice to quit and therefore termination of your tenancy agreement.