Report a food complaint

Report to Trading Standards if:


  • you feel the food does not live up to its description;
  • you have a complaint about the food labelling; or
  • the sale of out of date products


We only deal with food premises based within the Canterbury City Council district. Just because it is in a CT post code area doesn't mean we are the local authority. 

Please note, we will investigate all areas of the premises in relation to the complaint, including practices and cleanliness, and take any action necessary to improve standard if and where required. However, we do not get involved with compensation claims you may take up with the place you are reporting.

By completing this form you agree:


  • To give evidence in court, if required;
  • that the decision to take enforcement action about a complaint rests with Canterbury City Council;
  • that examination of the food complaint may result in its destruction, so you may not be able to use it as evidence if you decide to take civil action later.

We will not give out any of your personal details without your permission, unless required to as part of legal proceedings.


The form covers:


  • Premises includes hygiene of both the premise and staff and pest infestation; or
  • Food safety includes food poisoning and foreign bodies in food. Premises will be inspected as part of any investigation.
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.
Please do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.