In this section:
Apply for a community housing grant
We have been allocated government funding to invest in community-led housing.
Our grants scheme awards funding to community organisations that need money to deliver housing projects that create affordable homes for local people.
Who can apply
You can apply as part of a not-for-profit community organisation or group. You must:
- be based in Canterbury, Herne Bay, Whitstable or the surrounding areas
- be developing affordable homes in the district
- consult the local community about your project
- play a long-term role in ownership, management or stewardship of the homes
- clearly tell us about the benefits to the local area or community
Individuals, councillors, businesses run for profit, and town and parish councils can not apply.
Level One grant
This grant is up to a maximum of £3,000. It can be used for set up and initial project costs; such as legal fees, training and workshops, publicity, and consultation events.
Level Two grant
This grant is up to a maximum of £10,000. It can be used for project development costs; such as business planning, hiring consultants, site investigation, and financial assessments.
You can make one application per group for each grant level. You might want to see our supporting guidance before you apply.
When we get your application we will be in touch within 10 working days. There won't be a decision on whether you were successful or not at this stage.