Apply for a business restart grant
The restart grant scheme is a one-off grant provided by the government.
To apply, your business must:
- occupy a property that is in the ratings list
- have been trading on 1 April 2021 - this includes those with staff on furlough, trading online or via click and collect, businesses not in liquidation or dissolved or struck off, and businesses carrying out activity such as managing accounts, planning reopening and implementing COVID-safe measures
- be in one of the following sectors:
- non-essential retail
- gyms and sport
- personal care
- offer in-person services from the property you're applying for - for example, this means suppliers of services to events and hospitality can't apply unless their property provides in-person services to the public
- be within the subsidy allowance limits
How much your business will get
|Business strand||Business type||Rateable value|
|£15,000 and under||£15,001 to £50,999||£51,000+|
|1||Qualifying non-essential retail||£2,667||£4,000||£6,000|
|2||Qualifying hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gyms||£8,000||£12,000||£18,000|
What happens after you apply
We'll check your application to confirm we have everything we need to make your payment. If we need something else, we'll contact you.
We aim to make payments to eligible businesses within 28 days of getting the application. If you haven't heard anything after this date, please check your junk email folder before contacting our business rates team.