Make a complaint about a councillor

If you think that a councillor or parish councillor has broken the Members' Code of Conduct in our Constitution you can make a complaint.

You'll need to download a complaints form and email it to Democratic Services. Alternatively, you can post it to:

The Monitoring Officer
Canterbury City Council
Military Road

What happens next

You'll get confirmation that we have received your complaint within five working days.

The Monitoring Officer and an independent person will then assess your complaint against approved criteria and decide whether or not a breach of rules has occurred. 

They will contact you with their decision and the reasons for it. You cannot appeal against the decision.