Report a drainage problem

We are responsible for overseeing drainage in Canterbury, Herne Bay, Whitstable and the surrounding villages. This includes:

  • maintenance of land drainage on council-owned land
  • overseeing emergency drainage works and
  • giving information and advice 

If your home has a drainage problem, it's usually the responsibility of the householder to fix. If you live in a council property, you should report it to Serco on 0800 834 959.

Highway drainage 

You can report any highway drainage problems to Kent County Council.


The main sewer system is the responsibility of Southern Water.