Local land charges
Request a local land charges search
If you're thinking about buying or leasing a property or a plot of land, we recommend you request a local land charges search first. The search will tell you what you need to be aware of before going ahead. This may include:
- restrictions on use or preservation orders
- planning applications that may affect the property or land
- whether the property or land has received any grants which could be repayable and
- road information or potential new road schemes which may influence the decision to buy
Types of search
There are several searches you can request:
- LLC1 searches includes information on enforcement notices, tree preservation orders, conditional planning permissions and smoke control areas.
- CON29R searches includes information on planning and building control decisions, nearby road works, and any outstanding notices.
- CON29 optional questions include information on minerals, hazardous substances, flooding and drainage, common land, towns and village greens.
- Full standard searches include all the information from LLC1 and CON29.
If what you want to know isn't listed, you can ask additional questions.
|Type of search||Fee|
|CON29 optional questions||£12 to £18 each depending (incl.VAT)|
|Full standard search||£144 (incl.VAT)|
|Additional questions||£18 each (incl.VAT)|
|Individual CON29R questions||Varies - please check|
We usually complete searches within five working days. You may like to see how we set fees for property searches.