Local land charges
Request a local land charges search
If you're thinking about buying or leasing a property or a plot of land, we recommend you request a local land charges search first. The search will tell you what you need to be aware of before going ahead. This may include:
- restrictions on use or preservation orders
- planning applications that may affect the property or land
- whether the property or land has received any grants which could be repayable and
- road information or potential new road schemes which may influence the decision to buy
Types of search
There are several searches you can request:
- LLC1 searches includes information on enforcement notices, tree preservation orders, conditional planning permissions and smoke control areas.
- CON29R searches includes information on planning and building control decisions, nearby road works, and any outstanding notices.
- CON29 optional questions include information on minerals, hazardous substances, flooding and drainage, common land, towns and village greens.
- Full standard searches include all the information from LLC1 and CON29.
If what you want to know isn't listed, you can ask additional questions.
Please note that the fees below will be going up from Monday 1 April.
|Type of search||Fee|
|CON29 optional questions||£12 each (plus a £12 admin fee if you don't complete a standard search)|
|Full standard search||£126|
|Additional questions||£12 each|
|Individual CON29R questions||£1.02 (plus a £12 admin fee)|
We usually complete searches within five working days. You may like to see how we set fees for property searches.