COVID-19 advice and support

Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See more information including service statuses

Exempt or specified accommodation

Exempt or specified accommodation means a property in which the landlord is one of the below:

  • a housing association
  • a registered charity
  • a not-for-profit voluntary organisation
  • an English non-metropolitan county council
  • a local authority hostel or
  • a domestic violence refuge.

Under this category, you must also be receiving 'more than minimal' care, support or supervision, either directly from the landlord or from someone on their behalf.