Housing benefit and council tax support

Make a new benefit claim

You can make a claim for housing benefit, council tax support or both. If you have a postcode that starts with CT3 3 you can only apply for council tax support, housing costs must be applied for through Universal Credit instead.

When you apply you we may ask you to provide evidence to support your claim, including proof of identity. Check which documents we'll accept

Make a new benefit claim

We'll let you know when your claim has been assessed and what happens next.

You must tell us straight away if there are any changes to your circumstances as this could affect your claim.