Welcome to our new website

We think you'll find it easy to use, but if you can't find what you're looking for you can check the old website.

Housing benefit and council tax support

Make a new benefit claim

You can make a claim for housing benefit or council tax support. If you or your partner get Universal Credit to help with housing costs you can only make a claim for council tax support.

When you apply you will need to provide certain documents to support your claim, including proof of identity. Check what documents you need to provide before you apply.

Make a new benefit claim

We'll let you know when your claim has been assessed and what happens next.

You must tell us straight away if there are any changes to your circumstances as this could affect your claim.