Can't find what you're looking for?

This is a new version of the council website. If you can't find what you're looking for please view the old site

Extra help with your housing costs

Apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment

You can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) to either help pay for a deposit, or to help cover a rent payment.

When you apply we'll look at any benefits you're receiving, the information you provide, and your personal circumstances before awarding a DHP.

Apply for a DHP to help cover a deposit or advanced rent payment

Apply for a DHP to help cover your rent

Please give as much detail as possible in your answers. 

When we've made a decision we will write to you.

As payments are discretionary there is no formal appeal process, but if you disagree with our decision you can ask us to look at your application again.