Disabled facilities adaptations

Grants for adaptations

You may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant if you're disabled and need to make changes to your home. 

How to apply

You will need to contact Kent County Council (KCC) for a needs assessment to find out which home adaptations you would benefit from.

If KCC decide that adaptations are necessary they will refer you to us, letting us know what you need. A housing officer from our team will then visit you to check you're eligible for a grant, ensure your home is suitable for adaptations and let you know what happens next.

At this stage you'll also need to complete a disabled facilities grant application form, giving details of your household and income.