Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See service statuses and other information on COVID-19

Insurance claims against the council

If you believe we could be responsible for personal injury or damage to your property, you may be able to make a claim for compensation. 

In order to make a claim you must contact us by email, stating your: 

  • name and address 
  • date of birth
  • National Insurance number 
  • details of the incident 
  • details of any injuries or damage to property 
  • details of how or why the claimant feels the council have acted negligently 

If you don't have access to email you can also contact us in writing.

Please include as much detail as possible to allow us and our insurer to investigate. 

We will respond within 21 days about what will happen next.