How we use your personal data
We process a considerable amount of information, including personal data about you, to allow us to provide services effectively. We recognise that this information is important to you and that we have a responsibility to ensure that any personal information we collect and use is managed proportionately, correctly and safely.
You can find out about how we use your personal data and who we share it with below:
We follow rules on using your information set by The Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Under these rules, all personal information must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- accurate and where necessary kept up to date
- kept for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
We're required to register with the Information Commissioner regarding the personal information we process, the purposes it is used for and who we share it with.
You can see what's recorded on our Data Protection notification entry by searching 'Canterbury City Council' on the Information Commissioner's website.