Your rights under the Data Protection Act
Our Data Protection policy outlines how we comply with the Act.
The Act gives you a number of rights:
- The right to be informed of what information is held about you, what it is used for and who it may be shared with.
- The right of access to the information held.
- The right to rectification - to have information corrected or destroyed.
- The right to erasure or to be 'forgotten'.
- The right to restrict processing (unless we need it to carry out a mandatory service we provide you).
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You can request personal information we hold about you. This is usually free of charge. We will generally provide your personal information within one month of receiving your request.
For more information on your rights, visit the Information Commissioner's website.