Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See service statuses and other information on COVID-19

Council tax support scheme 2020 to 2021

Extra help towards your council tax bill

If you get council tax support but still need extra help to pay your bill, you can apply for what's called an exceptional hardship award.

All awards are considered based on your individual circumstances and are not guaranteed. Any award you get is not ongoing; you will need to work with us and other third parties to improve your financial position.

This fund is in place to make sure that we protect and support those most in need. You may want to look at the council tax support exceptional hardship award policy.

Apply for an exceptional hardship award