Can't find what you're looking for?

This is a new version of the council website. If you can't find what you're looking for please view the old site

Council tax bands and charges

Appeal your council tax

You can appeal your council tax bill if you think:

  • your home shouldn't be charged council tax - for example, if only full-time students live there
  • someone other than you should pay council tax on the property
  • a discount or reduction hasn't been given
  • work you're doing to a property won't be complete by the date we've asked you to start paying

Appeal your council tax bill

We'll write to you with our decision within two months.