Can't find what you're looking for?

This is a new version of the council website. If you can't find what you're looking for please view the old site

Student council tax discounts

Under 20s in further education council tax discount

If you are receiving Child Benefit for someone who is:

  • living with you
  • aged over 18; and
  • in full-time further education

and you are the only other adult living in the property, you can apply for a 25% discount on your council tax.

The further education course must last at least three months and include 12 hours of work a week to qualify.

When you apply you will need to provide of the student's status. This can include proof of child benefit, a student certificate, or a letter from the head teacher with the course start and end dates.

Apply for an under 20 full-time education discount