Council tax exemption for houses undergoing repairs

If your property needs or is undergoing structural alterations or major repair to make it habitable you could get an exemption on your council tax for up to a year.

The property must be left unoccupied and unfurnished for you to qualify.

We will arrange to visit the property before confirming your discount.

If you are applying for this discount retrospectively (for works already done) we will still need to visit the property and you will need to provide proof such as builders schedules, receipts and photographs. 

Apply for a structural repair council tax discount