Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See service statuses and other information on COVID-19

Single person discount

If you are the only adult living in your home you can apply for a 25% discount on your council tax bill.

An adult is anyone over the age of 18.

When you apply you will need to provide your council tax account reference and the details of any adults who have moved out of your property.

Apply for or remove a single person discount

If you get council tax support your 25% discount will be taken off the full amount of your council tax, and your council tax support entitlement will be worked out again.