Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See service statuses and other information on COVID-19

Hospital and care home council tax discount

If you move into a care home, nursing home or hospital then you don't have to pay any council tax. This means:

  • if you've left your property empty you can apply for an exemption
  • if you're the only adult left in a property because someone has moved into care then you can apply for a 25% discount

Apply for a care home or hospital discount or exemption