Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See service statuses and other information on COVID-19

Council tax exemption for diplomats and international representatives

Diplomats, members of visiting forces, and members of international headquarters are exempt from council tax.

If someone living with you is a diplomat or international representative you may also be entitled to a 25% discount on your council tax.

They must not be:

  • a permanent resident of the UK
  • a British citizen
  • a British subject; or
  • a British protected person

If you think that you're eligible for an exemption or discount as a diplomat, member of an international heaquarters, or member of a visiting force please contact us.