Tributes paid following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh

Cllr Pat Todd, the Lord Mayor of Canterbury, has commented following the sad death of His Royal Highness Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh. See our full response

Apply for a Temporary Events Notice

To carry out certain activities on unlicensed premises you will need to apply for a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) at least 10 working days before the event. This includes:

  • selling alcohol to individuals or members of a private club
  • providing entertainment such as music, dancing or indoor sports events
  • serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am
  • an activity not covered by an existing licence, for example a wedding reception in a community centre 

You need a TEN for each event you hold on the same premises and you will have to pay a fee of £21 for each notice.

You must apply as an individual not as an organisation.

Apply for a Temporary Events Notice

We will send a copy of your TEN to the police and our Environmental Health team before your event takes place. You'll need to display a copy on the event premises.