Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Information and advice about COVID-19

Personal and premises licences

Apply for a personal licence

A personal licence allows an individual to authorise the sale or supply of alcohol at a licensed premises. 

In order to be granted a personal licence you will need a Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders qualification, from one of the following providers:

  • British Institute of Innkeepers (BIIAB) 
  • The Education Development International (EDI)
  • National Training Co (GOAL) 

You will need to apply for a personal licence if you are to be appointed the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) for a licensed premises.

A personal licence application costs £37. To change your details or order a replacement costs £10.50.

Apply for a personal licence

You'll also need to complete a disclosure of convictions form.