Can't find what you're looking for?

This is a new version of the council website. If you can't find what you're looking for please view the old site

Street trading licence

Who needs a street trading licence?

If you want to sell goods in Canterbury high street, you must have a street trading licence. A licence gives permission for a certain pitch and restricts the days and times you can sell.

There are two types of licence:

  • a permanent licence
  • a temporary licence for trading for up to seven days (for example, for a charity event)

If you want to prepare or sell food you will also need to complete a food hygiene form.