General Election - Thursday 12 December 2019

You don't need your poll card to be able to vote in the General Election today, as long as you're registered and eligible, you can give your name and address instead. Check who your candidate is and where to vote

Apply for an animal licence

Animal boarding licence

If you run a business which provides accommodation to other people's cats or dogs, you need an animal boarding licence.

You'll need to pay a non-refundable fee of £150 to apply and an additional fee of £225 if the licence is granted.

As part of your application you'll need to submit copies of the following:

  • plan of the premises
  • operating procedures
  • insurance policy
  • risk assessments (including fire)
  • qualification and training records
  • infection control procedure

You'll need to return your form and supporting documents to [email protected].

To pay the application fee you can:

  • call 01227 862 427 to make a phone payment or 
  • send a cheque made payable to Canterbury City Council. 

Apply for an animal boarding licence

Download an application for an animal boarding licence

Licences are valid for one to three years, based on a risk rating we award each licence holder.