Apply for an animal licence
If you want to display wild animals to the public for at least 7 days a year, anywhere that’s not a circus or pet shop, you need a zoo licence.
You'll need to pay a non-refundable fee of £1,280 to apply.
You must tell us:
- where the zoo will be
- what kind of animals you’re going to keep and how many
- how you’ll house and care for the animals
- staff numbers and what they’ll be doing
- expected visitor and vehicle numbers
- zoo entrance and exit points and
- how you’ll meet the conservation conditions.
You'll need to return your form and supporting documents to [email protected]. You can also email the team if you have any questions before applying.
To pay the application fee you can:
- call 01227 862 427 to make a phone payment or
- send a cheque made payable to Canterbury City Council.
Licences are valid for a year.