Can't find what you're looking for?

This is a new version of the council website. If you can't find what you're looking for please view the old site

Building regulations approval

Apply to carry out large scale building work

To carry out larger scale building work or commercial and residential developments, you will need to apply for 'full plans' approval before starting any work.

You'll need to submit detailed plans of the work you want to carry out, including:

  • a location or block plan to a scale of 1:1250 
  • two copies of the overall plans, which should include floor plans and elevations

There is a fee to pay based on what you want to do. Contact our Building Control team to find out how much this will be.

Apply to carry out large scale building work

We'll let you know when we've looked at your application and what happens next.