We're having intermittent problems with the planning search.

If you have trouble viewing or commenting on a planning application please try again later.

Building demolitions

Demolish a building

If you plan to demolish the whole or part of a building you may need to complete a demolition notice.

However, you won't need to notify us if:

  • the building is less than 1750 cubic feet, measured externally (approximately 50 cubic metres).
  • a demolition order under the Housing Act 1985 has been served.
  • the demolition is of an internal part of any occupied building, which is intended to remain occupied.
  • the building is a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or prefabricated garage.
  • certain agricultural building, unless it is near or touching another building that is not an agricultural building.

Complete a demolition notice

Find out more about demolitions in the district