Demolish a building
If you plan to demolish the whole or part of a building you may need to complete a demolition notice.
However, you won't need to notify us if:
- the building is less than 1750 cubic feet, measured externally (approximately 50 cubic metres).
- a demolition order under the Housing Act 1985 has been served.
- the demolition is of an internal part of any occupied building, which is intended to remain occupied.
- the building is a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or prefabricated garage.
- certain agricultural building, unless it is near or touching another building that is not an agricultural building.