COVID-19 advice and support

Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See more information including service statuses

Doing work to a tree

Work to a tree with a preservation order

You need to apply for permission to do work to a tree with a preservation order (TPO).

Your application will need a site plan that shows where the tree is on the property. If you are carrying out the work because the tree is diseased or damaged then you will also need to provide a tree survey, which can be supplied by an arboriculturalist.

Before you apply read the Planning Portal's guidance for tree work applications. This will help you describe the work you are doing, which will make it more likely that your application is accepted.

Apply to carry out work on a tree