We're having intermittent problems with the planning search.

If you have trouble viewing or commenting on a planning application please try again later.

Register a new address

When to register a new property or street

You will need to formally register a new address if you are: 

  • Building a new house or business premises
  • Converting a residential or business premises and this results in the creation of a new addressable property

You will also need to register any new street names with us.

You should do this once you have planning permission for the work you are doing.

If you are not registered then utility companies will not install services at your property and you will encounter problems in getting mail and other services.