The Marlowe Theatre
Following a multi-million pound redevelopment project The Marlowe Theatre has become one of the country's landmark theatres.
The main auditorium features:
- An increased seating capacity of 1200, allowing us to bring you the biggest and best touring productions and shows
- Comfortable seating with greatly enhanced sightlines
- A closer relationship between the audience and the stage, with no seat in the house further than 25 metres away from the stage
- Much improved acoustics for all types of shows
- A larger orchestra pit accommodating up to 80 musicians
- Spacious foyers with bars and amenities on all three floors
- A riverside café and terrace
- A building that is fully accessible to all patrons, staff and visiting artists
The Marlowe Theatre also houses a brand-new venue called The Marlowe Studio.
Here you can experience something that will surprise and inspire, with a range of performances, creative workshops, gigs and events.
Designed as a flexible and multi-purpose performance space, The Marlowe Studio can seat 150 people.
However, a state-of-the art retractable seating system means that the auditorium can easily be adapted into a flat floor space to accommodate up to 300 people, making it ideal for workshops and music gigs.
For more information please visit the Marlowe Theatre website.