Register to submit a recorded speech for a Planning Committee meeting
Please complete this form if you wish to submit a representation for a planning application at the Planning Committee.
You will then be contacted by a member of the Democratic Services Team to confirm your time slot to record your speech. All submissions must be under three minutes long and will be heard at the virtual Planning Committee.
Content of speeches
The Committee is only able to take into account material planning considerations when determining an application. Issues such as loss of view, or negative effect on the value of properties are not material considerations.
Your speech should be about material considerations, which can include (but are not limited to):
- Overlooking/loss of privacy
- Loss of light or overshadowing
- Highway safety
- Effect on listed building and conservation area
- Layout and density of building
- Design, appearance and materials
- Government policy
- Disabled persons' access
- Proposals in the Development Plan
- Previous planning decisions (including appeal decisions)
- Nature conservation